Tuesday 28 October 2008

We got ourselves a sleepwalker.....

Why do kids inherit the strangest things from their parents?
Example: On Friday night, I was comfortably wedged on the sofa with himself at the other end watching Friday Night with JR. BTW, I shouldn't have bothered- who else thought that Daniel Craig just didn't care about Jonathan's bad jokes? It was a waste of an hour of my life.....
But anyway, through my grumbling I could hear this repeated banging, so went to investigate, and now I wish I hadn't. Stood in her bedroom, eyes closed my daughter was pushing an invisible person on her rocking snail! I tried to talk to her, but no response came so I picked her up and put her back in her bed. She immediately fell back into a deep sleep.
I went downstairs and told himself that we have a sleepwalker, which made our resident babysitter (his mum) say she was never ever babysitting said grand-daughter again! Thats a bit harsh!!! So, that night we went to bed thinking in the back of our minds that the sleepwalking wasn't really sleepwalking but a simple tired toddler getting lost on her way out of her bedroom.....yea right!
On Saturday the little toddler of mine decided mums bed was much more comfortable and so spent the night in between us, obviously quashing even the thought of nocturnal fumblings. I'm beginning to think, she never ever wants a baby brother or sister!! Like until she is 18.....and only because it would be a bit odd if your daughter still slept in your bed at 18!?
The sleepwalking wasn't over... she somehow climbed over either her dad or mum or down underneath the duvet and parked herself behind our floor lamp in the corner of our bedroom. This is where her dad found her asleep at approx 6am on Sunday morning!
So we have taken the decision to either a.tie her to her bed or b.put her rails back onto her cotbed making it a baby cot again..... We'll see
but if you see a curly haired toddler walking down the road somenight, calling for her mim mim, could you please turn her round or post her back as shes probably mine!!

No comments: