Thursday 31 December 2009

2010

Is this really a new decade??
I think I'm with the 'its not a new decade until 2010 is over' brigade.

But as we are all celebrating a new decade, I suppose I must embrace it and look forward to the 10's.... like ok, what are we gonna call it now?

Like all of us 2010 will bring many exciting times ahead, for me it will bring this...

-My return to work. April will see me return to my job as an editor of a wedding magazine. Although I love my job, it's never going to make me a stay at home millionaire and somehow this year I already find myself longing for something new. I have a few ideas up my sleeve, so stay posted!( And for those of you who can see my grammar and spelling is not great- piss off! We have a great proof reader!)
-Lots of firsts. Halfway through the year my beautiful son will be one. I am looking forward to everyone of these firsts! Like really looking forward to them.
-Ten years with my man. It's only one more than last year, but I'm hoping and praying that one more year will mean so much more!!
-Four years of being a mummy. I hear about people I went to school with, lawyers, accountants, physio's.... none of them have become mothers yet- I bet when they do they will think 'you know what that weirdo Emma Maxwell who had a kid at 22 wasn't so mad after all!' My Popple I love you more than everything, you are my life always.
-Lots of laughter. I wish for LOTS of this! It makes the world go round!
-Just a good time & normalness- I don't wish for buckets of money, plane loads of holidays, cow sheds full of leather handbags, all I want is a good, normal, happy family life with my perfect family..... one that may expand ever so slightly in 2010 if I have my way.
To you all, may your dreams be simple, beautiful & come true for you xx

3 comments:

Irish Mammy said...

Lovely post Emma dying to hear your new ideas I hope some inspiration comes my way in 2010 as well. Interesting that there is a brigade debating on the "real" start of the new decade, yhey have a point I guess! I knew there was a debate on "twenty ten" versus " 2 thousand and 10"...wishing you all the best for 2010 and the expansion to your family that you desire!

Hot Cross Mum said...

Happy New Year! I'm looking back through my blogging year from when I started in March 09 and you were one of my first followers. Hope to reconnect with you in 2010.

Irish Mammy said...

Saw you on TV you were great! Hope all is well and all the best for 2010!