Thursday 20 November 2008

on reflection

I'm feeling slightly ungrateful today, about all my moaning over my new home and on reflection I suppose it's not all that bad- as after all I can walk around naked and have sex on the sofa if I (and himself obviously) feel like it.
Last night I had a very special visitor, my still new niece who is six weeks old. He dad brought her round but he doesn't matter! Ella is the best, so much so that Saf had to show her her bedroom. And her bed, and her wardrobe and every pair of shoes she owns! It was so cute and whilst walking around the kitchen with said niece, I caught a glimpse of myself in the patio doors with a little baby in my arms and felt a magical and yet horrendous set of emotions. Firstly I thought, oh I can't wait to do this again and don't I really suit having a newborn baby in my arms and then the guilts caught up with me when I realised I walk around my kitchen with Saf practically strapped to my waist everyday and never, ever catch a glimpse of myself and think oh isn't this lovely.
So as Ella and her daddy left, (Ella sporting Saf's baby Uggs that look like huge rolls of carpet on her legs) I promised myself I would stop moaning and enjoy my little poppet whilst she still enjoys me carrying her about and still hates men!
One of the best bits about Saf at the minute is that shes at that stage when she tries to copy everything you say. It's hilarious but it means her speech is coming on leaps and bounds. Last week whilst living the haulier life in a cement lorry she asked her dad for a bit of his sandwich! I didn't think she even knew what a sandwich was let alone know how to say it. And then last night she told me the kleen tups went in the cukburd. Another gratifying moment.

No comments: