Wednesday 26 November 2008

nappies or knick-knacks?

That is the burning question on my lips right now?
With my daughter turning two next week, I am feeling alot older (not any wiser) and definately a lot more tired and potty training has been on my mind. Saf loves to tell anyone in her earshot of her 'sore bummy' when the nappy has been filled and is showing a great interest in the toilet, especially the under the stairs toilet which apparently is hers. With the great thought of not having to invest in nappies everytime I enter Tesco I bought a pack of seven kickers for her last week, which she loved. Of course she had to get trying them out one night and after five different puddles of wee on my lovely walnut flooring I gave up and stuck a nappy on her. Not that I expected her to know what to do with knickers on, afterall she simply had to pee anywhere into her nappy for the past two years, but I think the tiniest tinest part of my brain thought she was a clever (possibly genius) little girl and would know what to do straight away! Obviously I was dreaming....
But now I don't know what to do. The impending Christmas period would give me plenty of time to get her out of nappies, but I feel slightly guilty that maybe she isn't quite ready and that I'm just rushing her....I suppose time will tell.
In other news, I am bloody exhausted, all the time. Thats it, I'm exhausted and ready to go home even though it's only 4.15. :(

2 comments:

Claire said...

Ahh poor tired you...I can sympathise though, I think I may even win due to a nearly 7 month old boy who thinks he is a newborn again judging by the amount of night wakings :( If I was you I'd definitely go ahead with the potty training, wee girls pick it up quicker and are ready younger apparently. Try it on a weekend, just for an hour in the morning or something and take her to the potty a few times in that period - then if she actually pees in it go crazy with the praise! (I remember all this from my days as a nanny lol). She'll get the hang of it soon enough x

Paula O'Hara said...

I say go for it Emma!
Cold Turkey on the nappy front. Just take the nappies off her and she'll soon catch on. Good luck with it all.